ACSRS is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered with the Charity regulator that believes that people have the capacity to change. We are passionate about providing accessible high quality support services to individuals, their families and carers affected by alcohol and/or drug use.
We aim to
- Provide a comprehensive and co-ordinated community based service to meet the needs of those affected by alcohol and drug use.
- Promote harm reduction, information, education and research with regard to prevention, intervention and treatment of alcohol and drug issues.
- There are 22 Alcohol related deaths in Scotland each week
- In 2016 10.5 litres pure alcohol sold per adult each week in Scotland = 20.2 units per week – double the rate in the 1980’s
- 1 million Scots regularly drink too much putting themselves at increased risk of cancer, stroke, liver disease by drinking more than recommended guidelines 14 units per week
- 14 units = 6 pints of beer or 1 ½ bottles wine or ½ bottle spirits
- One drink per day can increase the risk of breast cancer
- You should have at least 2 alcohol free days per week
- ¾ of all alcohol sold in Scotland is now drunk at home meaning that children and family members are more exposed to drinking and its consequences
- An alcohol free childhood is the healthiest option – every child has the right to grow up free from alcohol harm
- It is estimated 51,000 children in Scotland live with parents who are harmful drinkers
- 1 in 2 people in Scotland are affected by someone else’s drinking
How much do you really know about alcohol?
Thanks for playing!
I really appreciated all the support I received from ACSRS.
Anonymous Service User